Big Corn and Soybean Crops Get Bigger is a Myth!Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:35:56 CDT | The following Analysis is has been written and researched by Scott Irwin and Darrel Good of the University of Illinois. There is a long-standing market saying that "big crops get bigger and small crops get smaller." This statement refers to the yield forecasting cycle of the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS). Read more...
Top Agricultural News
No Easy Answers or Simple Solutions to the Convergence Crisis in Cattle MarketsFri, 30 Sep 2016 12:39:38 CDT | It is no secret what’s going on in the cattle markets right now; live cattle futures trade seems to be having a hard time matching up with cash cattle trade. This match up, or “convergence,” as it’s called, according to OSU’s Dr. Derrell Peel, is simply just not happening. Farm Director Ron Hays went to Dr. Peel to find out why. More Beef Buzz...
Events Coming Up Soon
- Tulsa State Fair- Livestock Schedule for 9/30/16 - 09/30/2016
- Tulsa State Fair- Livestock Schedule for 10/01/16 - 10/01/2016
- Tulsa State Fair- Livestock Schedule for 10/02/16 - 10/02/2016
- Tulsa State Fair- Livestock Schedule for 10/03/16 - 10/03/2016
- Express Ranches - Ranchers Bull Sale - 10/03/2016
- Tulsa State Fair- Livestock Schedule for 10/04/16 - 10/04/2016
Click here for the full calendar of events
Latest RON Podcasts
- Subscribe to the RON Ag Perspectives Podcast
- Subscribe to the RON Farm & Ranch News Podcast
- Subscribe to the RON Midday Oklahoma Podcast
- Subscribe to the RON Beef Buzz Podcast