Field Day: Understanding Impacts of Prescribed FireTue, 30 Jun 2020 11:41:40 CDT
Upcoming Field Day: Understanding Impacts of Prescribed Fire
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Noble Research Institute Coffey Ranch
16877 State Hwy. 32
Marietta, OK 73448
Much of the prairie across the United States evolved under fire and grazing pressure. Fire can provide many benefits to the land, but it must be used in a safe and planned manner.
Noble Research Institute will co-host an Understanding the Impacts of Fire on Your Property field day.
Prescribed fire specialists from Noble Research Institute, Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma Prescribed Burn Association, and Oaks and Prairies Joint Ventures will cover the many aspects of prescribed fire.
The most important way to safely burn is to gain experience conducting burns. This field day will be solely focused on providing attendees with a hands-on experience conducting a burn. If weather parameters are within fire prescriptions, the field day will be conducted. If parameters are not within fire prescription, the field day will be postponed until the next week.
Attendees will learn how to design and implement a safe prescribed fire and a brief overview of:
- How prescribed fire impacts wildlife and grazing lands.
- The difference between growing-season and dormant-season burns.
- Impact of burn season on flowering plants.
- How prescribed growing-season burns reduce woody plants.
- Impacts of growing=season burns on forage quality.
- The role and importance of prescribed burn associations.
Landowners, managers and technical advisers who want to learn more about how to implement a growing-season burn to impact plant communities, wildlife and livestock are encouraged to attend.
Participants are highly encouraged to wear a cotton or fire-resistant mask, long pants, long-sleeved shirt, leather boots, a hat and gloves.
There is no registration fee but event registration will be limited to the first 40 registrants. For more information and to register, please visit www.noble.org/events.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Superior Livestock - Video Auction - Week In The Rockies XXXII - Day 5 - 07/10/2020
- Ranchers Lunchtime Series - The Way You Stack Round Bales Matters! - 07/16/2020
- Oklahoma Youth Expo - Summer Spectacular Livestock Clinic - 07/17/2020
- Field Day: Understanding Impacts of Prescribed Fire - 07/21/2020
- Ranchers Lunchtime Series - Late-Summer Supplementation to Enhance Cattle Performance - 07/23/2020
- OCA 68th Annual Convention - Day 1 - 07/24/2020
Click here for the full calendar of events