No Till on the Plains - Going Virtual Only
No Till on the Plains- Going Virtual Only
One Day Conference
January 26, 2021
Due to COVID-19 related restrictions in Wichita, No-till on the Plains is canceling the in-person portion of the 2021 Winter Conference. The group had held out hope that they might be able to gather, knowing that this annual networking experience is one of the most anticipated and valued aspects of the Winter Conference.
In a statement issued Monday, No Till on the Plains pledges "We promise to return to in-person opportunities as soon as possible. Because we had planned for this contingency, your conference lineup will continue as advertised. You will get the same great quality content you would have received on-site."
"Thank you for helping us navigate this unprecedented but very temporary interruption to our 25-year tradition and for your continued commitment to healthier soil."
The 2021 Virtual Edition of No Till on the Plains will be a one day session on January 26, 2021. To register and get more information, click or tap here.
Three speakers will be featured during the virtual session. First is Darin Qualman, Civilization Critical. Darin is the author of the 2019 report “Tackling the Farm Crisis and the Climate Crisis” and the 2019 book Civilization Critical: Energy, Food, Nature, and the Future.
Next up is Shenandoah, Iowa farmer Chris Teachout, who has been using soil health principles on his farm for the last 20 years. Hear what Chris has unearthed from a soil caretaker point of view.
The final speaker of the day will be John Kempf, Biology Centric Nutrient Management- Kempf will offer a very different perspective on plant nutrition, one you won’t hear about from ag retailers.
Highlights of his presentation will include:
· How most nutrient deficiencies are created by over-application
· How the form of nutrients applied determines availability, (and most commercial products reduce availability rather than increase it)
· How soil analyses that are known to be inaccurate are used as sales tools to sell unneeded products.
· How soil amendments and fertilizers often are applied at the least optimal time.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- No Till on the Plains - Going Virtual Only - 01/26/2021
- OK "SENATE" REDISTRICTING TOWN HALL MEETING - Owasso - 01/28/2021
- Superior Livestock - Video Auction - 01/28/2021
- OCA District Meetings - Northwest District - 02/01/2021
- Healthy Soils for Sustainable Cotton Farmer Showcase - Episode 1 - 02/02/2021
- Roger Mills County Cattlemen's Assoc. 43rd Annual All Breed Bull Sale - 02/06/2021
Click here for the full calendar of events