World Meat Congress 2018Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:31:11 CDT
World Meat Congress 2018
WH Group CEO to Address World Meat Congress
The U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF) announces that Long Wan, executive director, chairman and chief executive officer of WH Group, will be a featured speaker at the World Meat Congress (WMC), May 31-June 1 in Dallas. Register now - standard registration rates end April 20!
Formerly known as Shuanghui International, WH Group is the largest pork company in the world. It is the majority shareholder in Shuanghui Development, China's largest meat processor, and owner of Smithfield Foods.
"Long Wan has played a leading role in the growth and success of WH Group, and is a strong champion of international trade," said Philip Seng, USMEF CEO emeritus. "Mr. Wan brings a unique perspective on how to succeed in an ever-changing global environment, and how to attract customers in a wide range of markets."
In addition, the WMC will feature several expert panel discussions, including On the Cutting Edge: What's New in the Red Meat Supply Chain? In this session, the red meat industry's brightest scientific minds will introduce participants to cutting-edge technologies that are reshaping meat production around the world and provide a preview of what is coming next. Highlights include:
- Dr. Martin Wiedmann, professor of food safety at Cornell University and co-director of the New York Integrated Food Safety Center of Excellence, will share his insights on how whole genome sequencing research is being applied to food safety systems, its application to modern microbiological testing and its role in combating antibiotic resistance.
- Gary Rodrigue, one of IBM's foremost food industry block chain experts, will present how block chain traceability is used to track meat products at the retail level and the future applications of this emerging technology.
- Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam, cooperative extension specialist at the University of California-Davis, will explain the practical applications of gene editing, from the perspective of current use and how the technology will apply to the livestock and meat industries moving forward.
Other featured WMC speakers include U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and FutureCast President Jeff Fromm , a best-selling author and expert on marketing to Millennials and Generation Z.
More details, including the full agenda, registration and lodging information are available on the WMC website
Click here to Register.
Standard Rate Registration Ends: April 20
Pre-Registration Closes: May 14
Meeting Cancellation: April 30
Hotel Reservation Cut-off: May 4
Note: Hotel block may sell out prior to this date
The World Meat Congress, hosted by the International Meat Secretariat (IMS) and the U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF), is the foremost assembly of the world's meat industry, designed as a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences on key issues affecting the international meat and livestock sector. The meeting, held biennially, attracts approximately 700 delegates, from 30 nations. Attendees are composed of livestock producer associations; national and regional meat, feedgrain and oilseed associations; meat exporter associations; meat processing companies, government, farm organizations and corporate partners.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Feral Hog Outreach Meeting - Comanche/Cotton/S. Caddo Districts - 04/25/2018
- Feral Hog Outreach Meeting - Dewey/Major Districts - 04/26/2018
- Cheese Making Workshop - 04/27/2018
- OSU Wheat Variety Tour - Chickasha - 04/27/2018
- Goat Field Day - 04/28/2018
- P - 04/30/2018
Click here for the full calendar of events