Summer Fire Field DayMon, 09 Apr 2018 11:01:38 CDT
Summer Fire Field Day
OSU Research Range HQ
4922 S. Coyle Road
Tuesday June 12, 2018
Sponsored by: OSU Natural Resource Ecology and Management Extension; Noble Research Institute; Oklahoma Prescribed Burn Association; Quail Forever; National Wild Turkey Federation; Great Plains Fire Science Exchange
- Will green vegetation burn?
- Does summer burn kill native grass?
- Can summer burns kill cedars?
- What does growing season fire do to sericea lespedeza?
- Are summer fires good for livestock or wildlife?
To find out the answers to these and many other questions plan on attending the summer fire field day Jne 20th.
9:00 am - 9:30 am - Registration
9:30 am - 12 pm - Burning in the growing season: How, why and impacts
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm - Lunch provided (no cost)
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Conduct burn (weather permitting)
Please RSVP by Wednesday June 6th or for more information contact: John Weir at email@example.com 405-744-5442
From I-35 and 51 Hwy 6 mi E, then 2.5 mi S on Coyle Road
From Stillwater 8 mi W on 51 Hwy, then 2.5 mi S on Coyle Road
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Feral Hog Outreach Meeting - Comanche/Cotton/S. Caddo Districts - 04/25/2018
- Feral Hog Outreach Meeting - Dewey/Major Districts - 04/26/2018
- Cheese Making Workshop - 04/27/2018
- OSU Wheat Variety Tour - Chickasha - 04/27/2018
- Goat Field Day - 04/28/2018
- P - 04/30/2018
Click here for the full calendar of events