Steer Carcass Challenge & OJCA Steer FeedoutWed, 22 Sep 2021 09:16:41 CDT
Steer Carcass Challenge & OJCA Steer Feedout
Delivery Date: Friday, November 19, 2021
The Oklahoma Cattlemen's Foundation Steer Carcass Challenge and the Oklahoma Junior Cattlemen's Association Steer Feedout Contest have coordinated efforts to feed both sets of cattle at the Willard Sparks Beef Research Center in Stillwater, OK
Deliver Date: Nov. 19
Wean by Date: Oct. 5
Learn more about each event by clicking the respective links below.
Steer Carcass Challenge
The Oklahoma Cattlemen's Foundation will hold the 8th Annual Steer Carcass Challenge. The Steer Carcass Challenge is designed to provide an opportunity to donate to the Oklahoma Cattlemen's Foundation while creating a venue for friendly competition based on performance and carcass merit of cattle.
Click here to submit a participation commitment form.
Oklahoma Junior Cattlemen's Association Steer Feedout
The OJCA Steer Feedout program allows OJCA members to learn from hands on experience through competition. Carcass data is collected and feedlot performance information is collected on each animal. This information is presented and explained to participants in such a way that they can learn how to use it in selection and culling on their ranch.
$75.00 per pen of three steers.
Entries Due Nov. 10, 2021.
Steers Fed at Willard Sparks Beef Research Center, Stillwater, OK
Click here to print the entry form
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Oklahoma Unwanted Pesticide Disposal Program - 10/14/2021
- OSU Ranchers -Wintertime Beef Cattle Management - 10/14 - 10/14/2021
- Rancher's Thursday Lunchtime Series - Efficient Use of Range Cubes: Protein Source and Feeding Manage - 10/14/2021
- Groendyke Ranch Heifer Sale - 10/15/2021
- Cultivating CattleWomen - Registration Deadline - 10/16/2021
- Oklahoma School Land Lease Auctions - Beckham, Caddo, Kiowa and Washita Counties - 10/18/2021
Click here for the full calendar of events