OSU Extension Diabetes Webinar - Modifying RecipesTue, 26 Oct 2021 08:21:20 CDT
OSU Extension Diabetes Webinars
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
The Lincoln County Extension Office is offering a four-week Living Well with Diabetes live webinar series detailing practical ways people can improve self-management of their Type 2 diabetes.
"We haven't offered this series since before the pandemic, but when we did, participants reported excellent results in terms of overall health and even weight loss," said Jessica Riggin, director of the Oklahoma State University Extension county office. "We will be providing the series online as Zoom meetings on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. throughout November."
The webinar series is offered free of charge. Registration is required to receive the Zoom password. To register, contact Riggin by email at email@example.com or by phone at 405-258-0560.
Topics will include meal planning, physical activity and basic nutrition education. Live sessions are as follows:
- Nov. 9 - The plate method
- Nov. 16 - Smart goals
- Nov. 23 - Creating an eating plan
- Nov. 30 - Modifying recipes
"COVID-19 pushed aside or lessened diabetes-related concerns in the minds of many, but a diabetic's health depends on doing certain things and maintaining science-proven protocols regarding diet and similar considerations," Riggin said.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- OSU Extension Diabetes Webinar - Modifying Recipes - 11/30/2021
- v - 11/30/2021
- Amarillo Farm and Ranch Show- Day 1 - 11/30/2021
- Enter the 2021 Sorghum Yield Contest - Deadline 12/1 - 12/01/2021
- Amarillo Farm and Ranch Show- Day 2 - 12/01/2021
- Amarillo Farm and Ranch Show- Day 3 - 12/02/2021
Click here for the full calendar of events