Prescribed Fire Field Day - Cleveland CountyThu, 04 Aug 2022 09:02:10 CDT
Prescribed Fire Field Day
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Lexington Wildlife Management Area headquarters
14112 Slaughterville Road
Oklahoma State University Extension in Cleveland County will host a prescribed fire field for landowners, land managers, hunters and members of local fire departments who are interested in prescribed fire and land management.
The event will cover these topics:
- How to safely conduct a prescribed fire
- Comparison of dormant season vs. summer burns
- Burning for wildlife, livestock, wildfire prevention and safety objectives
- Fire effects on plants and animals
RSVP Deadline: Wednesday, Aug. 10
RSVP Contact: Brad Secraw, Cleveland County Extension agriculture/4-H educator, 405-321-4774 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OSU Extension uses research-based information to help all Oklahomans solve local issues and concerns, promote leadership and manage resources wisely throughout the state's 77 counties. Most information is available at little to no cost.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- OKFB FOR 2022 AUGUST AREA MEETING - Hobart - 08/16/2022
- OKFB FOR 2022 AUGUST AREA MEETING - Seminole - 08/16/2022
- Prescribed Fire Field Day - Cleveland County - 08/17/2022
- OKFB FOR 2022 AUGUST AREA MEETING - Pryor - 08/18/2022
- Playing in the Dough Workshop - 08/18/2022
- 2022 Sorghum Field Tours-Nardin - 08/18/2022
Click here for the full calendar of events