OQBN VAC-45 Cattle Sale Series - McAlester Union StockyardsMon, 29 Aug 2022 12:42:31 CDT
OQBN VAC-45 Cattle Sale Series begins in November
McAlester Union Stockyards
Sale Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
45-Wean Date: February 18, 2023
60-Day Wean Date: February 3, 2023
The Oklahoma Quality Beef Network VAC-45 program will continue to host a series of certified cattle sales around the state this fall, beginning in November.
OQBN is a partnership between Oklahoma State University Extension and the Oklahoma Cattlemen's Association. OQBN is a network of cattlemen, educators, veterinarians, industry professionals and livestock marketers committed to providing beef cattle producers with access to value-added marketing opportunities.
"Many cow/calf producers are preparing to wean spring born calves," said Paul Vining, OQBN coordinator. "Now is the time to order OQBN VAC-45 program ear tags."
OQBN strives to boost communication and marketing efforts within all segments of the beef industry with goals of maintaining and improving the quality and profitability of Oklahoma cattle. Cow/calf producers who participate in the OQBN VAC-45 program receive marketing and health management certification in Oklahoma and neighboring states. Benefits include:
- Potential market premiums for preconditioned calves
- Reduced calf stress
- Improved calf immune function
- Increased calf sale weight
- Increased market demand for preconditioned calves
- Brand neutral vaccine selection (Producer and local veterinarian may select the vaccine brand to be administered. Selected vaccines must fulfill program requirements.)
- Third-party verification
Calves enrolled in the VAC-45 program are eligible for a certified OQBN sale at any of the following sale barns on selected dates. The OQBN webpage lists a complete sale schedule and mandatory weaning date for each sale.
Cattlemen can purchase ear tags for enrollment in the program at the OQBN VAC-45 website.
Participants are asked to review all program qualifications prior to purchasing ear tags and enrolling calves to ensure all requirements are met.
For more information about OQBN, the VAC-45 program and upcoming certified sales, contact Paul Vining, OQBN coordinator, at 405-744-4268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OSU Extension uses research-based information to help all Oklahomans solve local issues and concerns, promote leadership and manage resources wisely throughout the state's 77 counties. Most information is available at little to no cost.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Superior Livestock Video Auction - 10/06/2022
- Black Jack Farms and Guests Annual Female Production Sale - 10/08/2022
- Oklahoma School Land Lease Auctions - Cimarron County - 10/10/2022
- Oklahoma School Land Lease Auctions - Beaver and Texas Counties - 10/10/2022
- Oklahoma School Land Lease Auctions - Dewey, Ellis, Harper, Major, Woodward Counties - 10/11/2022
- Native Pecan Harvest Field Day - Pre-registration Due - 10/11/2022
Click here for the full calendar of events