Pecan 101 WorkshopThu, 06 Sep 2018 10:32:39 CDT
Workshop Focuses on Pecan Orchard Establishment
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To provide fundamental information on basic pecan orchard management, the Noble Research Institute will host a Pecan 101 Workshop at the Noble Research Institute Kruse Auditorium.
During the workshop, Noble pecan specialists will discuss what to consider before planting an orchard as well as how to manage pecan tree production and market pecans. Participants will learn about fertilization needs, pest control, orchard design, tree space and planting, equipment, large and small orchard options, and variety selection.
"Successful pecan management requires a broad base of knowledge, and this workshop helps lay the groundwork for those who are contemplating starting their own enterprise," said Charles Rohla, Ph.D., pecan and specialty agriculture systems manager. "A review of these fundamentals can also help agricultural producers who have pecans on their property better use this valuable resource."
This workshop is open to the public, but preregistration is requested. Registration is $25 and includes lunch. For more information or to register, please visit www.noble.org/events or call 580-223-5810.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Thursday 9-20 - 09/20/2018
- Superior Livestock - Video Auction - 09/20/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Friday 9-21 - 09/21/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Saturday 9-22 - 09/22/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Sunday 9-23 - 09/23/2018
- NIAA Strategy Forum on Livestock Traceability - 09/24/2018
Click here for the full calendar of events