Feral Hog - Management TrainingThu, 13 Sep 2018 12:37:51 CDT
Technical Training Focuses on Feral Hog Control Methods
Feral Hog - Management Training
Thursday, October 4, 2018
8:00a.m. to Noon
Noble Research Institute Pavillion
Feral hogs cause significant ecological damages that hinder production agriculture and cause economic burdens to landowners and recreationists. The Noble Research Institute will host a Feral Hog Management Training. This technical training will provide an opportunity for landowners and hunters to see the tools available to manage feral hogs. Noble consultants and specialists will teach best management practices and demonstrate conventional, innovative and integrated strategies to control feral hogs.
"Feral hogs are a tremendous problem in the United States, having invaded more than 40 states," said Josh Gaskamp, Noble Research Institute wildlife and range consultant. "This invasive species is causing serious problems for agricultural producers and many others. They compete with native wildlife and damage pastures and crops, creating a need for effective control methods."
Participants can expect hands-on training, discussion on the future of hog control, and opportunities to share successes and failures with fellow trappers and researchers.
There is no registration fee, but preregistration is requested. For more information and to register, please visit www.noble.org/events or call 580-223-5810.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Thursday 9-20 - 09/20/2018
- Superior Livestock - Video Auction - 09/20/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Friday 9-21 - 09/21/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Saturday 9-22 - 09/22/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Sunday 9-23 - 09/23/2018
- NIAA Strategy Forum on Livestock Traceability - 09/24/2018
Click here for the full calendar of events