Demonstrating Soil Health Principles and Practices Field DayThu, 07 Mar 2019 09:27:07 CST
Field Day Focuses on Soil Health Practices. Principles
Managing soil health, specifically the biological components, is vitally important to farmers and ranchers as soil is the dynamic resource that supports plant life.
Noble Research Institute will host a
Demonstrating Soil Health Principles and Practices Field Day
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
1:30 - 5 p.m.
Noble Research Institute Protected Agriculture Demonstration Area
Noble Research Institute consultants will discuss the pros and cons of cover crops while dispelling some common myths about their use. Attendees will learn about soil health indicators and principles and how to use them to make timely management decisions that improve soil health.
Other topics will include:
- Cattle grazing preferences for cover crops.
- How to evaluate physical soil conditions.
- The effectiveness of the popular soil health indicators.
- Available soil health tests.
Weather-appropriate outdoor attire should be worn. There is no registration fee, but preregistration is required. For more information and to register, please visit www.noble.org/events
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Oklahoma Youth Expo- Day Ten - 03/21/2019
- Superior Livestock - Video Auction - 03/21/2019
- Oklahoma Youth Expo- Day Eleven - 03/22/2019
- Special Cow Sale- Apache Auction Market - 03/23/2019
- Planting Vegetable and Crops Workshop - 03/26/2019
- Demonstrating Soil Health Principles and Practices Field Day - 03/27/2019
Click here for the full calendar of events