Managing Fruit Crops Seminar - Registration DeadlineTue, 12 Mar 2019 10:06:43 CDT
Good Management Practices Help Fruit Growers Reduce Risks, Increase Success of Crop Production
The challenges inherent to growing fruit are many and varied. Weather, pests, and limited soil and water resources combine to frustrate even seasoned growers.
The Noble Research Institute will host a Managing Fruit Crops Seminar from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, at the Noble Research Institute Kruse Auditorium.
This seminar will focus on the cultural practices, specific to each fruit type, that will reduce risk and increase success of producing a crop.
Fruit crops to be covered:
- Pome fruit (apple and pear)
- Stone fruit (peach, plum, apricot, pluots, etc.)
- Small fruit (brambles, strawberry, table grape and blueberry)
Attendees will learn:
- Critical points and common problems of production.
- How to select varieties.
- The proper crop spacing.
- How to establish the different types.
- How to manage pests.
- The best harvest and storage tips.
Fruit growers who are new to growing and established growers looking to improve their production management skills are encouraged to attend.
This seminar is offered at no charge, but preregistration is required. Registration will close on March 28, 2019. For more information and to register, please visit www.noble.org/events.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Oklahoma Youth Expo- Day Ten - 03/21/2019
- Superior Livestock - Video Auction - 03/21/2019
- Oklahoma Youth Expo- Day Eleven - 03/22/2019
- Special Cow Sale- Apache Auction Market - 03/23/2019
- Planting Vegetable and Crops Workshop - 03/26/2019
- Demonstrating Soil Health Principles and Practices Field Day - 03/27/2019
Click here for the full calendar of events