OSU Wheat Field Tour - AlvaFri, 05 Apr 2019 11:11:38 CDT
2019 OSU Wheat Field Tour - Alva
May 11, 2019
Review Varieties at 8:00, Field tour at 9:30
To get information on this Tour stop and for the exact location - call 580-327-2786.
For the complete list of all 32 tour stops in 2019, click or tap here.
Oklahoma farmers sow approximately 5-6 million acres of winter wheat each year, making wheat Oklahoma’s largest cash crop. In addition to being a major grain crop, Oklahoma wheat plays a vital role in the US cattle industry. Depending on market conditions, 30 to 50% of Oklahoma wheat acres will be grazed by stocker cattle during the winter months. This acts as a critical buffer between cow/calf producers and the feedlots and ensures a steady stream of cattle going on feed.
2019 OSU Wheat Field Tours - All times subject to change - please call the County Extension Office to confirm date, time, and location.
For more information about the OSU Wheat Team click here.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Winter Canola Spring Field Tour - Miami - 04/25/2019
- AFR DAY At the Capitol - 04/25/2019
- Native Pecan Field Day - 04/25/2019
- OSU Wheat Field Tour - Sentinel - 04/25/2019
- OSU Wheat Field Tour - Chickasha - 04/26/2019
- 2019 Oklahoma Grain and Feed Association Annual Meeting - Day 1 - 04/29/2019
Click here for the full calendar of events