August Board Meeting of Oklahoma Wheat Commission Set for Wednesday, August 20, 2014Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:27:50 CDT
The monthly Board of Commissioners meeting for the Oklahoma Wheat Commission will be held Wednesday afternoon, August 20, 2014 in Oklahoma City. The meeting will be held starting at 1:30 pm in the second floor conference room at 3800 N Classen, Oklahoma City.
Here is the agenda, as provided to us by Executive Director of the Wheat Commission, Mike Schulte:
This meeting will be held in compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meetings Act.
1. Welcome and Invocation.
2. Consideration and Possible Vote of July Minutes-----------------...A
3. Consideration and Possible Vote of July Financial Report-------------.....B
4. Reports from other Organizations Represented:
Oklahoma State University (OSU), Oklahoma Department of Agriculture Food & Forestry (ODAFF) and National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), USDA/ARS Stillwater Facility, Oklahoma Wheat Growers' Association (OWGA), Oklahoma Crop Improvement (OCIA), Oklahoma Foundation Seeds (OFS), Plains Grains, Inc. (PGI), Oklahoma Genetics Inc. (OGI)
5. Brief presentation by and proposal submission by Paul Muret-Muret CPA-- PLLC,
6. Report from Oklahoma Wheat Commission's Executive Director Schulte:
July -Oklahoma Cattleman's Association Annual Meeting, Midwest City, OK; Junior Wheat Show Entries and Judging, Stillwater, OK; OK Coop Council Board Retreat, Branson, MO;
August- Oklahoma Women in Ag State Conference, Moore, OK; Northwest Oklahoma Beef Conference, Enid, OK
Oklahoma Ag Weather Symposium, Norman, OK, Oklahoma Crop Improvement Association Meeting, Stillwater, OK; Oklahoma Genetics Inc., Stillwater, OK
September- Septemberfest, Governor's Mansion, Oklahoma City, OK; Ag in the Classroom Advisory Council Meeting, Stillwater, OK; "Best of Wheat" Bread Baking Contest, State Fair of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
October- Plains Grains Fall Meeting, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico; US Wheat/NAWG Fall Board Meeting, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico
November- US Wheat/NAWG Fall Board Meeting, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico;
Oklahoma Ag Expo (Reed Center) Midwest City, OK; State 4-H/FFA Junior Wheat Show Banquet, Stillwater, OK
November - PGI Meeting, Portland, OR; U.S. Wheat/NAWG Fall Meetings, Portland, OR; Ag Expo, Oklahoma City, OK; Farm Bureau Annual Meetings,
7. Discussion on updated Oklahoma Wheat Commission Policies and Procedures for the FY 16
fiscal year. (Presentation by Director Schulte)
8. Discussion on Septemberfest on the Governor's Mansion Lawn - September 6, 2014.
9. Discussion on "Best of Wheat" State Fair Bread Baking Contest - September 21, 2014.
10. Discussion on Junior Wheat Show Competition and Banquet date - November 4, 2014.
11. Consideration and Possible Vote for Actual and Necessary/Out-of-State Travel
*U.S. Wheat/NAWG Fall Board Meeting-Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico
October 29-November 2, 2014
Commissioners: Schieber, Failes, Gammill, Stephens
*PGI Meeting, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico
October 29th scheduled, subject to change
12. Consideration and vote on possible sub-committee to address privatization issues with regards to
benefits, promotion and leave accruals for FY 16 policies.
13. Consideration and Possible Vote for October OWC Board Meeting.
14. NEW BUSINESS In Accordance With 25 O.S. § 311(9), New Business Will Now Be Heard, If Any.
15. Vote to Adjourn Meeting
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Top Agricultural News