Oklahoma Farm Report masthead graphic with wheat on the left and cattle on the right.
Howdy Neighbors!
Ron Hays, Director of Farm and Ranch Programming, Radio Oklahoma Ag Network  |  2401 Exchange Ave, Suite F, Oklahoma City, Ok 73108  |  (405) 601-9211

advertisements
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   

Agricultural News


Renewable Fuels Association CEO Fires Back at China's Latest Attack on US Ethanol and Farmers

Mon, 02 Apr 2018 14:45:00 CDT

Renewable Fuels Association CEO Fires Back at China's Latest Attack on US Ethanol and Farmers On Monday, China added a 15% tariff on U.S. ethanol imports. The move came in response to the Trump Administration’s announcement of duties on imported aluminum and steel products. This is in addition to an already-imposed duty of 30%, making the total tariff 45% on U.S. ethanol. Renewable Fuels Association President and CEO Bob Dinneen had the following statement:



“Once again we were disappointed to learn of China’s retaliatory actions against ethanol. China was the third-largest market for U.S. ethanol exports in 2016, accounting for almost 20% of total exports. However, once the country imposed its first U.S. ethanol import tariff, shipments to China nearly disappeared. In recent months, U.S. ethanol shipments to China resumed as the cost competitiveness of ethanol produced in the U.S. overwhelmed China’s protectionist policy. The imposition of this new additional tariff will likely again preclude sales to the country.



“This one-two protectionist punch will ultimately harm Chinese consumers who are being denied access to the lowest-cost, highest-octane, and cleanest fuel on the planet. But it will also hurt farmers in the U.S. who have worked to build value-added markets for their commodities here and abroad.



“RFA urges the administration to work aggressively to have this latest attack on America’s rural economy removed as quickly as possible.”



Source - Renewable Fuels Association





   

 

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI

 


Top Agricultural News

  • Industrial Hemp Cultivation Taking Off in Oklahoma as State Gears Up for New Research Opportunity  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 18:05:57 CDT
  • CattleFax's Duane Lenz Kicks Off OCA Convention with Some Challenging, Yet Favorable Forecasts  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 17:31:59 CDT
  • Oklahoma Grain Elevator Cash Bids as of 2:00 p.m. Friday, July 20, 2018  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:22:44 CDT
  • Federal Bank of Kansas City Reports That Large Loans for Livestock Drive Uptick in Farm Lending  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:15:23 CDT
  • Trump's Trade Advisor Pete Navarro Accused of Being Out of Touch After "Rounding Error" Remark  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:08:30 CDT
  • Land Values Across the Southern Plains Range from Stable to Down 10 Percent Compared to 2017  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:58:35 CDT
  • New Fieldprint Calculator Developed by Texas Tech Helps Define Physical, Economic Sustainability  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:46:56 CDT
  • Cairl Collins of Antlers, Okla. Recognized as a Significant Woman in Agriculture by OK Dept. of Ag  Fri, 20 Jul 2018 14:33:19 CDT

  • More Headlines...

       

    Ron salutes our daily email sponsors!

    Livestock Exchange Oklahoma Ag Credit Oklahoma Farm Bureau National Livestock Credit P&K Equipment Tulsa Farm Show Stillwater Milling American Farmers & Ranchers KIS FUTURES, INC. Oklahoma Cattlemen's Association

    Search OklahomaFarmReport.com

    Find more about Weather in Oklahoma City, OK

       
       
    © 2008-2018 Oklahoma Farm Report
    Email Ron   |   Newsletter Signup   |    Current Spots   |    Program Links

    WebReady powered by WireReady® Inc.