Set Your Summer Grilling Season on Fire with BeefMon, 13 Jun 2022 15:14:04 CDT
Set Your Summer Grilling Season on Fire with Beef!
Americans' taste buds have spoken-and they're calling out for beef on the grill this summer! Across the country and with endless tastes and preparation methods, there's a delicious beef meal that families across the country can enjoy as they fire up the grills this summer.
As beef farmers and ranchers, your hard work raising beef helps to ensure that consumers everywhere, get to enjoy grilling season. This month we want you to continue sharing summer grilling ideas and inspiration and highlight your efforts on the farm/ranch to produce great-tasting beef.
Advocacy in Action
The summer season is a busy season for everyone and a great time to highlight life on your farm/ranch and to share your favorite summer grilling tips to inspire consumers to put beef on the grill! Here are a few ideas to get you started this month.
• Showcase what a day in the life of a farmer/rancher looks like in the summer months
• Highlight your commitment to raising cattle in a safe, humane, and environmentally sustainable way
• Share about summer grazing and cutting hay for the winter months
Let us know what you are sharing this summer by sharing your posts in the MBA Facebook Group and tagging Beef. It's What's For Dinner. in your social media posts!
Expert Grilling Advice to Share this Month
1. Consider your cut - While classics, such as Strip Steak and Ribeye, can be an easy go-to, there are endless options when it comes to cuts of beef. Why not try taking your grilling game up a notch with a cut you might not be as familiar with, like a juicy Flat Iron or a lean, flavorful Flank Steak. More cut ideas for grilling can be found?here.
2. Elevate those flavors - Marinades and rubs?are a great way to take beef to the next level with minimal effort. To add extra flavor, tender cuts can be marinated for as little as 15 minutes or as long as two hours. For less tender cuts, marinating for at least six hours, but not more than 24 hours, will do the trick.
3. Medium and steady wins the race - When it comes to cooking beef, there is no need to rush the process by using any higher heat than medium. Cooking at a medium heat allows beef to achieve caramelization while still developing rich flavors and avoiding charring.
4. Temperature is king - To have the best eating experience, it is important to cook beef to the?correct internal temperature. The best way to ensure accurate results is to use a meat thermometer.
5. Let it rest - Always let beef rest for about 5 minutes after it comes off the grill to lock in all those tasty juices.
6. Time to savor! - Once you've finished grilling that delicious beef meal, it's time to sit back and enjoy.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Top Agricultural News