Dairy Promotion Directors Elect Officers to Lead National Dairy Checkoff Strategies and ProgramsTue, 07 Mar 2017 14:21:46 CST
Leaders of Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI), the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB) and the United Dairy Industry Association (UDIA) recently announced election results to lead national dairy checkoff strategies and programs to protect and grow sales.
“I’m honored to join my fellow farmers and help create a better future for dairy,” said Paul Rovey, a farmer from Glendale, Ariz., who was re-elected chairman of DMI. “The board and elected officers represent the true partnership nationwide to fund, govern and lead the dairy checkoff program.”
DMI, which manages the national checkoff program, is co-funded by NDB and UDIA. In addition to Rovey, other DMI officers elected were:
- Vice Chair - Marilyn Hershey, Cochranville, Penn.
- Secretary - David “Skip” Hardie, Groton, N.Y.
- Treasurer - Larry Hancock, Muleshoe, Texas
The NDB also elected the following officers:
- Chair - Amber Horn-Leiterman, Brillion, Wis.
- Vice Chair - Brad Scott, San Jacinto, Calif.
- Secretary - Joe Kelsay, Franklin, Ind.
- Treasurer - Carol Ahlem, Hilmar, Calif.
The 37-member NDB, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand, and expand domestic and international markets for dairy products.
UDIA officers elected were:
- Chair - Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
- 1st Vice Chair - Tom Dorsey, Caldwell, Idaho
- 2nd Vice Chair, American Dairy Association - Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
- 2nd Vice Chair, National Dairy Council - Jerry Messer, Richardton, N.D.
- 2nd Vice Chair, UDIA Member Relations - Rick Podtburg, Greeley, Colo.
- Secretary - Jim Reid, Grant Township, Mich.
- Treasurer - Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D.
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy farmer-funded promotion organizations that provide marketing programs developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy farmers elected by respective local and regional boards of UDIA member organizations.
Source - Dairy Management Inc.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Top Agricultural News