Time is Running Out - Hurry to Make Your Nomination for Pig Farmer of the Year Before March 12thWed, 08 Mar 2017 11:19:42 CST
The clock is ticking on the 2017 America’s Pig Farmer of the Year Award. Go to americaspigfarmer.com to apply by March 19, or to nominate a pig farmer by March 12.
Now more than ever, we need voices that represent how our country’s pig farmers are “getting it right,” which also helps to ensure the future of our industry.
That’s why the program searches for a U.S. pork producer who excels at raising pigs using the We Care ethical principles, and who best demonstrates his or her ability to share the story of farming with the American public, while representing the entire industry.
It’s easy to apply and serve as America’s Pig Farmer of the Year.
The application includes:
- An initial email application with just five (5) questions, plus your farm information.
- Submission of only (3) farm photos with your application.
- A more in-depth application process if you are selected to move forward
- Gets 24/7 support from the National Pork Board for all communications activities, travel logistics and expenses. (You don’t have to be a social media whiz.)
- Spends no more than 15 days total away from the farm from Oct. 2017 - Sept. 2018.
- Receives a $15,000 honorarium to help compensate for time away.
“This is an experience you will never forget or regret,” says Brad Greenway, the 2016 America’s Pig Farmer of the Year.
Source - National Pork Board
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Top Agricultural News