Oklahoma Farm Report masthead graphic with wheat on the left and cattle on the right.
Howdy Neighbors!
Ron Hays, Director of Farm and Ranch Programming, Radio Oklahoma Ag Network  |  2401 Exchange Ave, Suite F, Oklahoma City, Ok 73108  |  (405) 601-9211

advertisements
   
   
   
   
   
    
   
   
   
   
   

Agricultural News


First Signs of Dryness Creeping Into the State's Southwest Corner, Likely to Spread in Weeks Ahead

Thu, 25 Jul 2019 14:26:50 CDT

First Signs of Dryness Creeping Into the State's Southwest Corner, Likely to Spread in Weeks Ahead Warm, sunny summer weather has finally ushered in some of the first signs of dryness in Oklahoma as “Abnormally Dry” conditions have started to creep into the southwestern corner of the state, according to this week’s Drought Monitor.


At present, 5.67% of Oklahoma is under “Abnormally Dry” conditions. The remaining 94.33% is still uncategorized on the Drought scale as has been the case for a few months now.


With little to no chances of rainfall in the forecast, it is likely the dryness will spread in the coming weeks.


For a closer look at this week’s Drought Monitor, click here.




   

 

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI

 


Top Agricultural News

  • American Farmers and Ranchers/Oklahoma Farmers Union Relect Paul Jackson as State Secretary- Plus Three Board Seats at 2020 Convention  Sun, 16 Feb 2020 15:06:44 CST
  • American Farmers and Ranchers/Oklahoma Farmers Union Set Policy for 2020  Sun, 16 Feb 2020 14:26:47 CST
  • Atop the RON Rural Soapbox - Former Secretary John Block  Sun, 16 Feb 2020 12:22:38 CST
  • Express Ranch Jarold Calahan Talks Genomics and the Upcoming Bull Sale   Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:42:51 CST
  • Lucas Applauds Bipartisan Legislation Protecting America’s Domestic Food Supply  Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:42:05 CST
  • Oklahoma Grain Elevator Cash Bids as of 2:00 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2020  Fri, 14 Feb 2020 15:06:52 CST
  • Thursday, February 14, 2020 Market Wrap-Up with Justin Lewis  Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:37:04 CST
  • Secretary Perdue Proclaims February 16-22 as Grain Bin Safety Week   Fri, 14 Feb 2020 12:08:46 CST

  • More Headlines...

       

    Ron salutes our daily email sponsors!

    Oklahoma City Farm Show KIS FUTURES, INC. Oklahoma Ag Credit Oklahoma Farm Bureau National Livestock Credit Ag Mediation Program P&K Equipment AFR Insurance Stillwater Milling Oklahoma Cattlemen's Association

    Our Road to Rural Prosperity sponsors!

    Banc First OPSRC ORWA TPAOO TPAOO

    Search OklahomaFarmReport.com


       
       
    © 2008-2020 Oklahoma Farm Report
    Email Ron   |   Newsletter Signup   |    Current Spots   |    Program Links

    WebReady powered by WireReady® Inc.