OKFB Encourages Ag Leaders to Participate in "Read an Accurate Ag Book Day" on September 6thFri, 16 Aug 2019 09:54:25 CDT
Agriculture leaders across the state are encouraged to share agriculture with students in their communities by participating in Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom’s “Read an Accurate Ag Book Day” on Sept. 6, 2019.
On Sept. 6, classrooms, school libraries, 4-H clubs, and FFA chapters across Oklahoma will read accurate agriculture books to help ensure young students across the state understand the importance of agriculture in their daily lives. The AITC program will provide agriculture leaders with a book to read to students that day. After reading the book, leaders are encouraged to donate it to the school library.
All participants who register will have a chance to win a bundle of accurate agriculture books for the school.
1. Register to participate by completing the form here.
2. Read an accurate ag book to a classroom near you on Sept. 6, 2019.
3. Take pictures of you reading to the school/class (with permission from the school).
4. Post pictures on social media with the hashtags #okagclass and #readagbooks19. Post pictures by Sept. 8 at 11:59 p.m.
5. If you are not on social media, email pictures to Audrey.Harmon@ag.ok.gov by Sept. 8 at 11:59 p.m
Participants who complete these steps will provide the school they read to the opportunity to be entered in a random drawing to win a set of accurate ag books.
Find more information on the Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom website.
Source - Oklahoma Farm Bureau
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Top Agricultural News