OSU's Kim Anderson on the Possibility of Six Dollar WheatThu, 10 Dec 2020 17:44:17 CST
Oklahoma State University Extension Grains Market Analyst Dr. Kim Anderson talks about what is going on in the Wheat Markets weekly on SUNUP.
This week Dr. Anderson talks about the possible establishment of a down trend in price. Dr. Anderson says we are very close to seeing that, "You can even call it a downtrend, I would probably call it a sideways pattern. Over the last couple of weeks, yes we got the downtrend we've got the pattern at support at $5.30, we got resistance at $5.80 on that Kansas City March contract. Our prices real close to that $5.30 if we break through that, then we will for sure have established a downtrend. If you want to convert that March contract over to the July 21 contract just add about nine or 10 cents to that. We've got Oklahoma cash prices now around $5, you know that's significantly lower than they were a couple weeks ago, and forward contract for this next harvest delivery about $5.30." To hear more from Dr. Anderson on SUNUP click or tap below.
This week on SUNUP, Laura Goodman explains how universities across the Great Plains are working together to stave off woody encroachment to prairie land.
- In Cow-Calf Corner, Glenn Selk explains why preparing for colostrum needs will help producers when calves are born.
- Paul Beck explains why cover crops are great for grazing cattle.
- In the Mesonet weather report, Wes Lee tells us how air temperatures are perceived differently between humans and livestock. Gary McManus explains why drought is maintaining across the state.
- We learn how the Farm To You program is still reaching students across the state while moving online.
- Kim Anderson says any possibility of six dollar wheat depends on the weather and don’t expect it until August.
- Finally, in Food Whys, Darren explains the creation of the soda drink industry through beverages like Coca-Cola.
Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Top Agricultural News