National FFA and Syngenta partner for inaugural Executive in ResidenceWed, 16 Feb 2022 12:30:42 CST
The National FFA Organization is partnering with Syngenta to lay the foundation for a national equity, diversity and inclusion strategy.
This strategy will impact members, staff, leadership and directly influence the organization’s programs, services and events. Recognizing the importance of an Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I) strategy, National FFA partnered with Syngenta, a leading-agriculture company with a 40+ year relationship with FFA, to develop the inaugural Executive in Residence program.
Syngenta’s North America Diversity & Inclusion Lead Brandon Bell will serve as the executive in residence for organizational development and culture as a part of this partnership.
In this position, Bell will help FFA create a framework to implement and measure the organization's ED&I goals. In this role, he will:
· Serve as an internal consultant to assess, design, develop and execute an ED&I strategy for the National FFA Organization in collaboration with the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Integrated Management Team (IMT) senior leaders and stakeholders.
· Create a framework for implementing and measuring ED&I goals and values statements including, diverse membership, inclusive experiences, equitable access/success, organizational accountability, and delivery system impact that interfaces with broader organizational processes
· Interface, build relationships and facilitate focus groups with other National FFA Organization partners, stakeholders, and/or the Board of Directors to support the development of the ED&I strategy, tools, and tactics.
· Assess, create and deliver ED&I training, tools, and resources to FFA stakeholder groups.
· Assist with enhancing communication strategies across the organization related to ED&I activities on the company’s intranet, website and other publications.
"This partnership is part of a broader organizational transformation," said National FFA CEO Scott Stump. "We want to ensure our current and future members feel welcomed, and FFA is indeed a place for all to feel valued and contribute to our mission."
For a decade, Bell has partnered with leaders to design, deliver and implement equity, diversity and inclusion interventions across the civic, public and private sectors. Subscribing to the philosophy that change, equity and innovation are found at the junction of policy and practice, Bell takes a systemic and human-centered approach to his work to deliver tailored, sustainable solutions. He is an international facilitator and practitioner, with expertise in human capital management, organizational development and globalization.
"I am honored and humbled at the opportunity to partner with FFA for this executive in residence program," Bell said. "I look forward to working with FFA to develop the next generation of leaders who will create an inclusive and innovative agricultural industry of the future!"
Syngenta has been a valued National FFA partner and supporter since 1963. They support leadership events, including equity, diversity and inclusion and career pathways. In 2021, Syngenta received the Distinguished Service Citation during the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo. David Hollinrake, Syngenta global head of strategy and portfolio management, currently serves on the National FFA Sponsors' Board. He comments, “At Syngenta, we believe fostering inclusion is paramount to ensure every individual’s voice is heard and that diversity is the key for us to deliver the innovation required to overcome the challenges agriculture faces. We are proud to partner with the FFA and support this important initiative.”
The National FFA Organization is a school-based national youth leadership development organization of more than 735,000 student members as part of 8,817 local FFA chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI